With so many fabric linings to choose from, how do you know which will work best with your current project? Knowing what you want out of a lining fabric will help you to make the right choice in order to be fashionable, comfortable, and happy.
Lining is an important addition to your garment. The purpose of lining fabric is quite simple. Some of the main reasons you should consider using a lining fabric include:
- Help clothing slide over your body or other clothes
- Create opacity
- Add substance to thin clothing material
- Strengthen high movement areas of clothing like the crotch and sleeves
- Add a nice finishing touch or fun pop of color
Now let’s take a look at some of the different types of linings that are available:
- Rayon – Rayon is a top choice for most linings in everything from outerwear to tailored trousers. It is breathable, soft, available in many colors and one of the cheaper options available. You can’t go wrong by keeping a few yards of plain rayon around.
- Satin – If you are looking to add a bit more thickness to a garment such as an overcoat or fleece jacket, satin is a fine choice. Satin comes in a variety of fibers and colors, giving you a great pop of color and a bit more added warmth.
- Silk – Are you looking for that luxurious touch for your special garments? Silk, although more expensive, is a delicate and lightweight lining perfect for adding a wonderful feel.
- Polyester – This is one of the cheapest fabric lining options available and is great for a quick fix or for added warmth.
- Quilting Cotton – This lining is known for being soft and comfortable enough to wear against skin, yet still able to put up with washings and everyday ware and tear.
Let Banasch’s supply you with all of the lining you need to create the perfect garment. Take a look at all of the fabric lining available on our website!